What happens to skin as it ages?
As we mature our skin looses vitality and it develops wrinkles. We recommend a simple routine with our Essence Seven combined with a balanced lifestyle. Azurlis® Essence Seven Skin Care range encourages natural cellular activity that is critical for a glowing skin. Also, the hydrating properties of our Anti Aging skin care range leave the skin feeling refreshed, invigorated, supple and smooth.
In the epidermis, the top skin layer:
- cells become thinner, flatter and more fragile.
- cells become less efficient at holding moisture.
- sebaceous gland activity slows down.
- the number of cell layers decreases.
- pigmentation increases resulting in brown / dark spots.
Below the epidermis, in the dermis:
- the collagen and elastin structure become disorganised due to UV (ultra-violet) ray damage.
- loss of structure causes the skin to become flaccid and unable to support the epidermal layers.
The overall result of this decreased resilience is dry, flaky and dull looking skin that manifests as fine lines and wrinkles.